India Blooms News Service | @justearthnews | 26 Dec 2019, 10:08 pm Print

Wikimedia Commons
Paris/Sputnik: Paris strongly condemns the recent terrorist attacks in Burkina Faso’s northern province of Soum that claimed dozens of lives and wishes soon recovery to all those injured, the Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
Earlier in the day, media reported that eleven servicemen were killed in an attack in Soum just a day after another deadly incident took place in the same region. On Tuesday, at least 35 civilians and seven servicemen died in a terrorist attack in the province. The government's forces managed to fend off the attackers, killing approximately 80 terrorists. The president of Burkina Faso, Roch Marc Christian Kabore, has declared 48-hour mourning following the incident.
"France utterly condemns the attacks that killed a large number of people in northern Burkina Faso," the ministry said in a statement.
The ministry also extended its condolences to the victims’ families and wished a quick recovery to those injured.
According to the ministry, France stands alongside Burkina Faso in the fight against terrorism.
The northern part of Burkina Faso has been suffering from activities of Islamist groups linked to al-Qaeda and Islamic State terrorist organizations (both banned in Russia) since 2016.
- Two FC personnel killed in a terror attack in Pakistan
- Pakistan Toy-like bomb explosion leaves two brothers dead
- Baloch Liberation Army rejects US govt's decision to designate Majeed Brigade a foreign terrorist organisation
- Pakistan: Terrorists blow up gas pipeline in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Pakistan: 12-year-old boy killed in mortar shell explosion