Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 13 Jan 2018, 09:55 am Print
Kabul: At least 76 militants have been killed in Afghanistan on Friday in an anti-terrorism offensive, reports said.
The drive was initiated by the Afghan National Defense and Security Force members in eight provinces, according to a statement by the national defence ministry.
Among the deceased were three key Taliban commanders, who have been identified as Ehsanullah, Haidar and Qahraman.
Operations were conducted in Nangarhar, Laghman, Nuristan, Ghazni, Uruzgan, Herat, Faryab and Jawzjan provinces of Afghanistan.
According to the statement, several militant hideouts and weapons were destroyed during the operations.
The Taliban has not issued a statement so far.
Image: Wallpaper
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted
- Trump says ISIS No. 2 Abu-Bilal killed in joint US-Nigeria counterterrorism strike
- Operation Epic Fury 2.0? Trump plans big strikes on Iran after high-stakes China talks
- From 'Punjabi Devils' to prison: Indian-origin gang founder jailed in US
- Indian cargo vessel 'Haji Ali' sinks off Oman after suspected drone attack

