Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 21 Sep 2024, 08:09 am Print
Photo Courtesy: Shanghai Photo Courtesy: Unsplash
The Straits Exchange Foundation (SEF) in Taiwan has directed the Chinese government to share information about a man who went missing after arriving in Shanghai.
Relatives of Kuo Yu-hsuansaid he had notified them of his safe arrival in the Chinese city on Aug. 27, but nothing had been heard from him since. Kuo planned to travel onward to Hefei in the province of Anhui, reported Taiwan News.
Relatives failed to contact him and posted a message online to report the man as missing.
A sister told Taiwan News that they feared he had been forced into work by a fraud ring, or had been abducted.
SEF has notified its Chinese counterpart, the Association for Relations Across the Taiwan Straits (ARATS), about Kuo’s case, but has not received a reply, the news portal reported.
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted
- Trump says ISIS No. 2 Abu-Bilal killed in joint US-Nigeria counterterrorism strike
- Operation Epic Fury 2.0? Trump plans big strikes on Iran after high-stakes China talks
- From 'Punjabi Devils' to prison: Indian-origin gang founder jailed in US
- Indian cargo vessel 'Haji Ali' sinks off Oman after suspected drone attack

