Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 28 Jul 2024, 10:49 pm Print

Photo Courtesy: Unsplash
At least one person died and six others were injured after a gunfight occurred in New York's Maplewood Park on Sunday.
A victim in their 20s was killed while another person was left in life-threatening condition following the shooting at Maplewood Park around 6:20 p.m., Rochester police told New York Post.
Five other people were rushed to hospital with minor injuries.
According to reports, a large number of people were present in the park at the time of the shooting.
Some people were barbecuing while others were present in the park when the shooting broke out, triggering chaos as people tried to escape the spot.
“At this point, we don’t know how many people were shooting,” Rochester Police Captain Greg Bello said during the briefing that was posted online by Rochester First as quoted by New York Post. “We are trying to work our way through that. We are trying to work our way through as many witnesses as we can.”
The identity of the deceased person is still not known.
No arrest has been made so far.
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend
- China carries out major war games around Taiwan, escalates tension in region
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at earthquake aid convoy, no causalty
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at Chinese earthquake aid convoy after it fails to stop
- Elon Musk announces scammer who stole personal information of 400K Americans to be arrested