Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 25 Jun 2024, 04:07 am Print

Photo Courtesy: Pixabay
A Japanese woman and her child and a Chinese woman were hurt in a knife attack at a bus stop in China's Suzhou city on Monday, media reports said.
There was no indication that the suspect, believed to be Chinese, intentionally targeted Japanese nationals, the official of the Japanese Consulate General in Shanghai told Kyodo news agency.
The injuries suffered by the two Japanese nationals were not life-threatening.
The attacker was subdued at the scene.
The attacker is currently in police custody.
The motive behind the attack is not known so far.
Earlier this month, four instructors from an American college were stabbed by a Chinese man in Jilin city.
The suspect in the Jilin attack was arrested by the police but the motive behind the incident is still not known.
- Liberation Day: US imposes 37 percent tariff on imports from Bangladesh
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend
- China carries out major war games around Taiwan, escalates tension in region
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at earthquake aid convoy, no causalty
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at Chinese earthquake aid convoy after it fails to stop