Photo Courtesy: Pixabay
In a secret trial in November, a Tibetan singer Palden has been arbitrarily detained and sentenced to three years in prison,media reports said.
The singer, aged 30, who hails from Yotak village, Dedha Township, Pema County, in eastern Tibet, was arrested for singing Messenger of [Tibetan] Empire, a song that he performed online in December 2022 as part of a singing contest with Dranyen -Tibetan stringed instrument that Palden loves to play but the police found the song patriotic, reported Tibet Watch.
The secret trial was reportedly held in Golok prefecture.
According to reports, he is held in a detention centre in Pema County as of 27 December 2023.
A source told Tibet Watch that Palden “was interrogated for a long time in detention
- US Air Force member hospitalised in critical condition after he sets himself on fire in front of Israeli Embassy in Washington DC
- US Senator warns of possible 'cyber attack' amid cellular outage
- UK,US, alliance member countries strike Houthi targets in Yemen
- Russian President Vladimir Putin's critic Alexei Navalny's body handed over to his family
- Robbers create mayhem in Pakistan's Orangi Town, two shot dead