Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 22 Jan 2024, 03:45 am Print

Two die after landslide hits China's Yunnan Province.Photo Courtesy: Youtube video screen grab
Beijing: A landslide hit China's Yunnan Province on Monday which left at least two people dead, media reports said.
Both the deceased people were previously missing.
The landslide hit Liangshui Village in the city of Zhaotong at around 6 a.m. on Monday, which led to 47 people missing, Xinhua reported quoting local headquarters for disaster relief.
More than 200 rescuers, together with 33 firefighting vehicles and 10 loading machines, are combing through the debris to find those missing following the landslide.
The cause of the landslide is still not known.
Counry's President Xi Jinping directed authorities to carry out all-out search and rescue operation to find those missing after the landslide.
- Liberation Day: US imposes 37 percent tariff on imports from Bangladesh
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend
- China carries out major war games around Taiwan, escalates tension in region
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at earthquake aid convoy, no causalty
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at Chinese earthquake aid convoy after it fails to stop