Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 18 Dec 2023, 07:42 am Print
Olaf Scholz Photo Courtesy: Olaf Scholz X page
Berlin, Dec 18 (UNI) German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said on Monday he had been tested positive for COVID-19, expressing hope that the disease would be mild.
"My current tests for COVID-19 show two lines. As I have few symptoms, I hope it will be a mild case," Scholz wrote on X.
Das ist eindeutig keine Überraschung, über die ich mich freue. Meine aktuellen Covid-19-Tests zeigen zwei Striche. Bei wenig Symptomen baue ich auf einen milden Verlauf und arbeite erstmal nur vom Schreibtisch aus.
— Bundeskanzler Olaf Scholz (@Bundeskanzler) December 18, 2023
The chancellor added that he was working from home for the time being.
Earlier in the day, government spokesperson Steffen Hebestreit told reporters that if Scholz's illness was confirmed, the chancellor would likely not be able to meet with Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico in Berlin on Tuesday.
On December 14, Scholz attended an EU summit in Brussels.
(With UNI inputs)
- Canada shocker: 40-year-old man arrested for 'groping' female at park
- Varanasi vibes in London: Ganga Aarti to be held on the Thames. Mark the date
- School shooting shocker in Philippines: Student gunman among four dead
- US horror: Teen charged with killing mother, brother; 'kill family' searches found
- Ex-Cambridge professor Jason Arday dies at 41 amid plagiarism controversy

