Photo Courtesy: Unsplash/Jéan Béller
Derek Chauvin, a former police officer who was convicted for murdering George Floyd, was injured in a stabbing incident at a federal prison in the US state of Arizona on Friday.
Chauvin is in stable condition after the assault at the Federal Correctional Institution in Tucson, a source told CNN.
When asked about the report of Chauvin being harmed, FBI offices in Phoenix and Minneapolis the American news channel that they were aware of an assault that happened at the federal prison on Friday, but did not identify a person.
The white former Minneapolis police officer was convicted of murdering the 46-year-old African-American man Floyd in 2020.
Chauvin was filmed kneeling on Floyd's neck for more than nine minutes, sparking mass protests globally against racism.
- US Air Force member hospitalised in critical condition after he sets himself on fire in front of Israeli Embassy in Washington DC
- US Senator warns of possible 'cyber attack' amid cellular outage
- UK,US, alliance member countries strike Houthi targets in Yemen
- Russian President Vladimir Putin's critic Alexei Navalny's body handed over to his family
- Robbers create mayhem in Pakistan's Orangi Town, two shot dead