Nicaragua's Sheynnis Palacios wins Miss Universe. Photo Courtesy: Miss Universe X page video grab.
Nicaragua's Sheynnis Palacios has written her name on the pages of the country's fashion history after she won the Miss Universe 2023 title during a mega event held at the Jose Adolfo Pineda Arena in San Salvador, El Salvador on Sunday (November 19, 2023).
This year the 72nd edition of the showpiece event was held.
The new Miss Universe was crowned USA’s R'Bonney Gabriel. She was Miss Universe 2022.
Australian Moraya Wilson became the second runner-up while Thailand’s Anntonia Porsild was crowned first runner-up at the iconic showpiece event.
India's Shweta Sharda reached the top 20 segment of the event.
Contestants from 84 countries and territories participated in the event.
This year, the event witnessed the participation of Miss Pakistan for the first time in the history of the pageant.
Erica Robin, 24, reached the list of top 20 contestants.
She, however, failed to reach the top 10.
The South Asian beauty had won Miss Universe Pakistan in September earlier this year.
- New York: Subway shooting leaves 2 injured
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Hamas releases 12 more hostages amid extended truce
- Indian tunnel rescue: 41 trapped workers brought out safely after 17-day-long operation
- NATO Secy Gen welcomes extension of ceasefire in Gaza
- Pakistan: Authorities planning artificial rain to tackle pollution trouble in Lahore