Photo Courtesy: Pixabay
At least 16 people died after a fire broke out at a coal mine in China's Panzhou city on Sunday, media reports said.
The fire occurred around 8:10 a.m. at the Shanjiaoshu Coal Mine in Panguan Town, according to the city government of Panzhou, reported Xinhua news agency.
An initial investigation found all 16 people were trapped after a conveyor belt caught fire.
The blaze has been extinguished, and temperatures have returned to normal at the site of the fire, officials said.
- UK government sanctions heads of Arctic penal colony where Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny died
- Taiwan detects 10 Chinese military aircraft, 6 naval ships
- PM Rishi Sunak-led British government prohibits use of mobile phones in schools
- US vetoes UN resolution on Gaza ceasefire amid Israel-Hamas conflict
- PPP, PML-N reach formal agreement to form next Pakistani government