Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 25 Jun 2023, 07:22 am Print
Wagner Image: UNI
Moscow: Members of the Wagner Group private military company (PMC) have left Russia’s Rostov and are headed for field camps, Rostov regional Governor Vasily Golubev says.
"The column of PMC Wagner left Rostov and is headed to their field camps," Golubev said on Telegram shortly after midnight.
A Sputnik correspondent reported late on Saturday night that Wagner members had started to leave the territory of the headquarters of Russia's Southern Military District in the city of Rostov-on-Don and the situation in the city was calm.
Earlier in the day, the Belarusian presidential office said that PMC Wagner head, Yevgeny Prigozhin, had accepted Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko's proposal to stop the movement of Wagner troops in Russia and take further steps to de-escalate the situation. Prigozhin later confirmed the information, saying that Wagner troops were returning back to their field camps.
(With UNI inputs)
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted
- Trump says ISIS No. 2 Abu-Bilal killed in joint US-Nigeria counterterrorism strike
- Operation Epic Fury 2.0? Trump plans big strikes on Iran after high-stakes China talks
- From 'Punjabi Devils' to prison: Indian-origin gang founder jailed in US
- Indian cargo vessel 'Haji Ali' sinks off Oman after suspected drone attack

