Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 05 Jun 2023, 11:15 pm Print

Pixabay
Montevideo: The death toll from the devastating floods and landslides in Haiti has increased to 42 and the number of those injured to 85, the Haitian Directorate for Civil Protection said on Monday.
"As a result of bad weather on June 2 and 3, 42 people died, 85 people sustained injuries, 11 people are missing, and 13,633 houses have been flooded," the agency said.
The preliminary toll of casualties reported by the civil protection earlier in the day was 15 people killed and eight missing.
On Saturday morning, Haiti was hit by heavy rains caused by the tropical storm Arlene.
Heavy rainfall triggered river overflows, floods and landslides in several districts. Local authorities resorted to emergency response meausres.
(With UNI inputs)
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend
- China carries out major war games around Taiwan, escalates tension in region
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at earthquake aid convoy, no causalty
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at Chinese earthquake aid convoy after it fails to stop
- Elon Musk announces scammer who stole personal information of 400K Americans to be arrested