Islamabad: At least 10 people, including women and children died, as a fire broke out in Seri area of Pakistan's Pattan on Friday, media reports said.
Lower Kohistan Rescue 1122 spokesperson, Farman Ali, told Dawn.com that the fire erupted in a wooden house due to an electric short circuit in the early hours of Friday when the residents were asleep.
Three people were injured in the incident.
As a result, the house’s roof collapsed which led to the deaths of 10 family members.
Ali further told Dawn News that until the residents woke up, the entire house had been engulfed in fire.
Rescue officials told the Pakistan-based newspaper that their efforts were disrupted as it was dark and the operation is still underway.
“However, their bodies have been recovered and the three injured have been shifted to Pattan’s Rural Health Centre,” Ali added.
He further said that eight buffalos also perished in the incident as the fire was on a “huge scale” and locals had taken part in the rescue efforts as well.
- British government to ban entry of 'hate preachers' from Pakistan, other nations amid rise in extremism
- Nikki Haley registers first victory in Republican Presidential primary, defeats Donald Trump in Washington DC
- Sri Lankan government introduces pilot project of adding AI into school
- Security Council reiterates call for immediate and safe aid delivery to Gaza amid ongoing conflict with Israel
- Shehbaz Sharif elected as Pakistan PM for second time, vows to fight country's debt crisis