Myanmar: Car crash leaves five people dead
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 28 Jan 2023, 07:39 am Print
Yangon: At least five people died when a passenger bus collided with a probox car on Friday evening in southern Myanmar, according to a traffic policeman.
The accident occurred in Ye township of Mon State at around 6:40 p.m. local time on Friday.
"All the five people onboard the probox car died on the spot. The passenger bus got only damaged," he said, adding that no one onboard the passenger bus were wounded or killed.
The probox car was badly damaged, he added.
The dead included two men, two women and a child, and they were caught in the accident while returning to Yebyu township of Taninthayi Region, a rescuer said.
(With UNI inputs)
- Afghanistan: Chamber of Agriculture and Livestock seeks UN's support for wheat storage facilities
- Don’t give up on Haiti, plead senior UN aid officials
- Black Sea Grain Initiative extended on deadline day
- IMF to approve USD 2.9-bln bailout package for Sri Lanka: Central bank governor
- Missile launched by Pyongyang falls outside of Japan’s exclusive zone: Reports