Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 19 Oct 2022, 03:58 am Print
Pakistan Image: Pixabay
Islamabad: Pakistan's Balochistan Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has been accused of killing three missing persons in a “fake encounter” in Kharan region of the country, media reports said on Wednesday.
The allegation was levelled by Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) chairman Nasrullah Baloch, Dawn News reported.
A press release from the CTD said that it had received information that some “terrorists” of the banned Balochistan Liberation Army group were present in Kharan’s outskirts and possessed a large quantity of weapons and ammunition, with an aim to plan a major terrorist activity.
The press release stated that subsequently a team of its own personnel and a security institution was constituted to locate the possible hideout.
The intelligence teams located the hideout and determined the presence of seven “terrorists” led by Ashfaq Ahmed alias Jameel. The joint team then planned an operation and was met by indiscriminate firing, the newspaper reported.
While talking to Dawn.com, Nasrullah, the rights group chairman, contended that the killings were not the result of an operation but was a staged encounter.
He said that three of the four individuals killed by the CTD had been identified, with one of them being Tabish Waseem Baloch.
- Australia’s PM Albanese just made history — Marries Jodie Haydon while in office
- Canada fire disaster: Five die, survivor leaps from roof to escape inferno
- City engulfed in tragedy: Hong Kong fire death toll touches 94
- Trump drops shocking news: National Guard member Sarah Beckstrom dies after being shot by Afghan national
- Deadly Hong Kong Fire: death toll touches 44, 3 arrested

