Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 13 Dec 2021, 08:56 pm Print

Pixabay
Washington/UNI: US officials have said that they will not punish any of the American troops or officials involved in the drone strike that killed 10 people in Afghanistan in August earlier this year, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
The incident happened during the final days of the US-led evacuation from Kabul after the Taliban seized control of the country.
An aid worker and nine members of his family, including seven children, were killed in the drone strike.
The US officials said that American intelligence believed that the aid worker's car was linked to IS-K, a local branch of Islamic State and were planning to carry out an attack on the Kabul airport.
US Central Command's Gen Kenneth McKenzie had described the strike on August 29 as a "tragic mistake".
A high-level internal review published last month was approved on Monday by Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin, concluded that that there was no need for disciplinary action, as no law had been broken, and there was no evidence of misconduct or negligence.
- Trump announces 75-day additional deadline to find non-Chinese buyer
- Myanmar Junta continues attacks despite declaring ceasefire after earthquake, claims anti-junta groups
- Israeli forces eliminate key Hamas figure behind psychological terror
- China imposes 34 percent additional tariffs on all imported US products from April 10
- UN says fresh intensification of hostilities in Gaza left 280,000 people displaced