Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 30 Aug 2021, 09:43 pm Print
Xinhua/UNI
Washington/UNI/Sputnik: The number of US citizens left behind in Afghanistan numbers in the very low hundreds, US Central Commander (CENTCOM) chief Kenneth McKenzie said during a press briefing.
"We think the citizens that were not brought out number in the very low hundreds," McKenzie said on Monday evening.
McKenzie added that he believes the United States will soon be able to rescue the Americans left behind.
Moreover, McKenzie said the United States will negotiate very aggressively with the Taliban to get other Afghan partners out of Afghanistan.
US and Coalition forces were able to evacuate more than 123,000 civilians from Afghanistan before the final US flight out of the country earlier in the day, McKenzie added.
- Bangladesh: 700-kg pink buffalo nicknamed ‘Donald Trump’ becomes Eid market’s biggest attraction
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted
- Trump says ISIS No. 2 Abu-Bilal killed in joint US-Nigeria counterterrorism strike
- Operation Epic Fury 2.0? Trump plans big strikes on Iran after high-stakes China talks
- From 'Punjabi Devils' to prison: Indian-origin gang founder jailed in US

