Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 02 Nov 2020, 09:44 pm Print

WIKIMEDIA COMMONS
Vienna/Sputnik: The death toll in the Vienna shooting has risen to two as a woman injured in the attack in the Austrian capital has died, city mayor Michael Ludwig said.
Earlier reports said one passerby had been killed. The Interior Ministry said several people had died, but provided no exact figures.
"After this terrible crime, after the murder of a man, a woman died... Fifteen people were taken to hospitals, assistance was provided to seven seriously injured. I hope they will soon be able to leave the hospitals," Ludwig told ORF.
A group of unidentified persons carried out a series of attacks with shooting in downtown Vienna on Monday.
#vienna #shooting #TerroristAttacks #wien #synagoge #terroranschlag
— Daniel Tom Kurz (@TomKurz1) November 2, 2020
Graphic content! pic.twitter.com/d4wmH6Qk9l
The attacks in particular targeted a synagogue, according to media reports. Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said the incident was a terrorist act.
According to law enforcement, several people were seriously wounded, including a policeman, one attacker was neutralized, and at least one more attacker was being sought.
- Liberation Day: US imposes 37 percent tariff on imports from Bangladesh
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend
- China carries out major war games around Taiwan, escalates tension in region
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at earthquake aid convoy, no causalty
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at Chinese earthquake aid convoy after it fails to stop