Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 17 Sep 2020, 12:09 pm Print

Image credit : Pixabay
Washington: Turab Lookman, 68, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, was sentenced on Sept. 11 to five years of probation and a $75,000 fine for providing a false statement to the Department of Energy.
"Lookman is not allowed to leave New Mexico for the term of his probation," US Department of Justice said in a statement.
On June 6, 2018, Lookman, then an employee at Los Alamos National Laboratory, falsely denied to a counterintelligence officer that he had been recruited or applied for a job with the Thousand Talents Program, established by the Chinese government to recruit individuals with access to or knowledge of foreign technology and intellectual property.
Lookman pleaded guilty to the charge in January.
The FBI investigated this case. Assistant U.S. Attorneys George Kraehe and Jon Stanford prosecuted the case.
- China imposes 34 percent additional tariffs on all imported US products from April 10
- UN says fresh intensification of hostilities in Gaza left 280,000 people displaced
- IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva warns US tariffs pose a 'significant risk' to global outlook
- Liberation Day: US imposes 37 percent tariff on imports from Bangladesh
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend