Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 01 Mar 2020, 04:19 am Print

UN website
Damascus/Xinhua: The Syrian army announced on Sunday imposing a no-fly-zone over the country's battlefield Idlib Province, saying any hostile aircraft will be targeted, according to the state news agency SANA.
The airspace over northwestern Syria, particularly Idlib, is closed to any flight or drones and any aircraft violating the airspace will be dealt with as a hostile target and will be shot down, said the statement.
The new decision comes on the heels of the current tension with Turkey, which is backing the rebel groups in Idlib.
A day earlier, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said tens of Syrian soldiers had been killed within 24 hours in Idlib by Turkish drone attacks.
- China imposes 34 percent additional tariffs on all imported US products from April 10
- UN says fresh intensification of hostilities in Gaza left 280,000 people displaced
- IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva warns US tariffs pose a 'significant risk' to global outlook
- Liberation Day: US imposes 37 percent tariff on imports from Bangladesh
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend