Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 03 Jan 2020, 07:15 pm Print
Baghdad/Sputnik: At least five people were killed on Saturday by an airstrike on a vehicle convoy of Iraq's Shia Popular Mobilization Forces in northern Baghdad, a source in security forces told Sputnik.
Earlier in the day, the source told Sputnik about a powerful explosion in Baghdad’s northern district of Taji.
“A vehicle convoy of the Popular Mobilization Forces has been attacked. According to preliminary data, five people have died. Their names have not been clarified so far,” the source said.
On Friday, several senior members of the Popular Mobilization Forces as well as commander of the elite Quds Force of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps Qasem Soleimani were killed by a US drone attack near the Baghdad International Airport.
- Bangladesh: 700-kg pink buffalo nicknamed ‘Donald Trump’ becomes Eid market’s biggest attraction
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted
- Trump says ISIS No. 2 Abu-Bilal killed in joint US-Nigeria counterterrorism strike
- Operation Epic Fury 2.0? Trump plans big strikes on Iran after high-stakes China talks
- From 'Punjabi Devils' to prison: Indian-origin gang founder jailed in US

