Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 17 Aug 2019, 06:32 am Print
Pixabay
Ramallah (Sputnik/UNI) The number of Palestinians injured in clashes with the Israel Defense Forces in the Gaza Strip border area has surpassed 77 people, the Palestinian Health Ministry said in a statement, shared with Sputnik.
Late on Friday, the Gaza authorities said that 33 people had been wounded in the violence.
"Seventy-seven Palestinians have been injured by bullets and rubber bullets. Dozens have been suffocated as the Israeli occupants suppressed the March of Return not far from the Gaza border," the ministry said in a statement.
The clashes took place amid Palestinians' anti-Israeli protests, which took place for the 70th time in a row on Friday.
The violence has claimed lives of over 300 people since March 30, 2018.
The Israeli forces have been rejecting claims that their use of force against the protesters is excessive.
- Thailand tightens entry rules, ends 60-day visa-free stay for Indians
- Shock executions: Iran puts two Kurds to death over 'separatist' charges
- F-35s, F-15s, Reaper drones: New US report says 42 aircraft lost or damaged in Iran war
- Bangladesh: 700-kg pink buffalo nicknamed ‘Donald Trump’ becomes Eid market’s biggest attraction
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted

