Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 15 Aug 2018, 08:32 am Print
Genoa: The death toll in the bridge collapse in Italy's Genoa has touched 26, while 15 others are said to be in a severe condition.
Local media reports said that rescuers are looking for survivors as 12 people are reportedly missing.
Cries of help can be heard from victims trapped in the debris.
The Morandi Bridge collapsed on Tuesday during a torrential rain.
Police have attributed the accident to a violent cloudburst, however, questions regarding the viability of the structure have been raised.
So far, over hundreds of people have been evacuated from the spot and nearby places and as many as 300 firefighters along with sniffer dogs are aiding the rescue operations.
Image: Screengrab from YouTube
- Bangladesh: 700-kg pink buffalo nicknamed ‘Donald Trump’ becomes Eid market’s biggest attraction
- Chaos at 35,000 feet: Qantas passenger bites flight attendant, plane diverted
- Trump says ISIS No. 2 Abu-Bilal killed in joint US-Nigeria counterterrorism strike
- Operation Epic Fury 2.0? Trump plans big strikes on Iran after high-stakes China talks
- From 'Punjabi Devils' to prison: Indian-origin gang founder jailed in US

