Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 07 May 2018, 01:22 pm Print

Islamabad, May 7 (IBNS): Condition of Pakistani Minister Ahsan Iqbal, who survived an assassination attempt, is satisfactory, media reports said on Monday.
Iqbal, who was shot Sunday evening during a rally in his constituency Narowal, was shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Services Hospital after completion of operations, reported Geo News.
"My father is now out of danger," Ahmed Iqbal, the minister's son, told Geo News.
He said the minister will be kept under observation in the ICU for 24 hours.
The minister has reportedly underwent two operations so far.
As per Geo News report, the bullet that entered Iqbal's abdomen — specifically, the lower part of his stomach — was not removed, as per the doctors' decision, for it was not harmful to him anymore and pulling it out at present could have proved to be risky.
"The decision to not remove the bullet was taken after consultation with medical professionals and senior doctors," Ahmed told the Pakistani news channel.
Prime suspect arrested:
Meanwhile, Abid Hussain, and his accomplice Azeem, who are the key suspect in the incident, have been arrested.
Abid was arrested on Sunday.
Abid reportedly told police as quoted by Geo News: "Ahsan Iqbal was my target. He belongs to my area. Iqbal was an easy target."
Imran Khan condemns attack:
Pakistani politician Imran Khan, who heads the party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), has condemned the attack on the Pakistani Minister.
He tweeted: "Strongly condemn attack on Ahsan Iqbal today."
Image: Wikimedia Commons
- China imposes 34 percent additional tariffs on all imported US products from April 10
- UN says fresh intensification of hostilities in Gaza left 280,000 people displaced
- IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva warns US tariffs pose a 'significant risk' to global outlook
- Liberation Day: US imposes 37 percent tariff on imports from Bangladesh
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend