Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 23 Apr 2018, 09:31 pm Print

BBC Screengrab
Toronto: In what seemed like an act of terrorism resembling the series of attacks in Europe, a white van in Toronto mounted the kerb and struck several pedestrians killing at least nine and injuring 16 others on Monday in Canadian city of Toronto, police said.
Police said at least 16 were injured, including five in critical condition. The incident occurred at around 1:27 p.m.
The van involved in multiple pedestrians stuck in the Yonge and Finch area of Toronto has been located and the driver arrested, Toronto Police said.
The van involved in multiple pedestrians stuck in the Yonge and Finch area of Toronto has been located and the driver arrested. ^sm
— Toronto Police (@TorontoPolice) April 23, 2018
Canada's Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale confirmed the casualties and tweeted:" Our thoughts are with all those affected by the terrible incident at Yonge and Finch in Toronto. Thank you to the first responders working at the scene – we're monitoring the situation closely. "
According to CBC News quoting, spokesperson for Sunnybrook Hospital on Bayview Avenue, seven patients had been brought to its trauma centre and that its emergency department had been locked down as a precaution.
#yongeandfinch possible suspect arrested #torontoattack pic.twitter.com/teqL0UyYri
— CLARK HUA ZHANG (@FTV_Huazhang) April 23, 2018
- New releases from OpenAI to be delayed, says Sam Altman on X amid Ghibli viral trend
- China carries out major war games around Taiwan, escalates tension in region
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at earthquake aid convoy, no causalty
- Myanmar: Military Junata 'fires' shots at Chinese earthquake aid convoy after it fails to stop
- Elon Musk announces scammer who stole personal information of 400K Americans to be arrested