|01 Dec 2023, 05:16 am
|21 Dec 2023, 12:00 am
Contract type: Full-time
Contract duration: 12 months, renewable. 3 months’ probation period.
Contracted by: EducAid Kenya
Duty Station: Nairobi
Directly reports to: Project Coordinator
Who we are
EducAid, an Italian INGO established in the year 2000, engages in international cooperation to strive for the inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized groups. The organization implements projects funded by the European Union, Italian Cooperation and United Nations agencies.
The primary goal of EducAid is to foster pedagogical and social innovation, enhancing the capabilities of individuals and institutions responsible for education, care and support. Key areas of focus include advocating for gender equality, promotion of inclusive education, employment opportunities, peer support for persons with disabilities and vulnerable groups.
EducAid is opening a new Country Branch in Nairobi, Kenya.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Inclusive Education Officer will be responsible for designing, planning and implementing Inclusive Education Activities under the project ''NICE - Need for Inclusive Children Education AID 012590/06/3'' co-funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS).
Project Design and Planning
• Support in the development overall, annual, and quarterly project activity plan, including project activities in collaboration with Schools and key stakeholders under the supervision of the Project Coordinator;
• Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Coordinator in preparing relevant reports;
Project Implementation and Monitoring
• Collaborate with project beneficiaries, key stakeholders, project team and schools’ representatives while ensuring the implementation of inclusive education related activities and ensure adequate monitoring and follow-up, promoting an inclusive and accessible learning environment;
• Conduct pre/post evaluation in order to ensure the effectiveness of project activities;
• Make regular visit to project sites to monitor quality of activity implementation;
• Providing Project Coordinator and MEAL Officer with the required data about the implementation of the project through the Monthly Progress Report and other formats upon request;
• Provide feedback to the Project Coordinator, Education Experts and MEAL Officer on project strategies and activities;
• Identify, in collaboration with Project Coordinator, strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks and challenges to project implementation, and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
• Produce terms of reference and activity reports for each activity implemented;
• Ensure information are easily accessible, available, ready for use;
• Researching and assisting in the production of disability and/or education publications;
• Maintain and strengthen positive and productive working relations with government authorities, target groups, beneficiaries, partners and key stakeholders;
• Participate in networking and coordination activities (i.e., thematic clusters, etc) involving different stakeholders such as local authorities (Ministry of Education, community representatives, etc), school directors and teachers, civil society representatives;
• Any additional duty required by line manager, in line with the profile;
• University level degree in Education, Special Education, Human Rights, Social Sciences or another relevant field;
• Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in designing and implementing inclusive education programs, preferably in the international cooperation sector;
• Demonstrated knowledge on the themes of inclusion, inclusive education, disability mainstreaming, involvement of Organizations of persons with disabilities;
• Solid understanding of, and dedication to, promoting Equality, Diversity as value and Inclusion, incorporating these principles into practice while being mindful of diverse backgrounds and experiences;
• Effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, online communication tools;
• Fluency in oral and written English & Kiswahili languages;
• A sound level of understanding of systems and procedures and cost effective ways to enhance delivery of goods and services;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations and public authorities;
• Ability to work autonomously, in organized manner, to keep records up to date and to follow-up on pending issues;
• Knowledge of INGOs mechanisms and procedures;
• Understanding of key dynamics of inclusion, with particular reference to persons with disabilities, vulnerable and street connected children;
• Possession of masters, post-graduate diploma/certificates in related fields and in project cycle management is an asset;
How to apply
Deadline for submitting applications: 21 Dec 2023.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specifying the email subject: “V/K/23/02 IE Officer Kenya”
The application shall include:
• Updated and dated CV, including 3 reference contacts from current (if any) and previous employers;
• Motivation letter (1-page maximum).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to Kenya Citizens only.
People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for all EducAid positions.