|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Asia (RFA)|
|Location||:||Washington DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Nov 2023, 04:09 am|
|Closing Date||:||13 Dec 2023, 12:00 am|
Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, Washington, DC-based, nonprofit corporation that provides accurate and timely news and information to Asian countries whose governments prohibit access to a free press. Delivered in nine Asian languages in addition to English, our journalism extends beyond radio to include web, video, mobile and e-books.
RFA is currently seeking a Broadcast Systems Engineer to join the technical team who will support diverse systems end-to-end including system builds, command line level OS management, installation, integration, configuration and end-user support. Incumbent will troubleshoot systems in a 24/7/365 live news and studio production facility. Incumbent must be comfortable working in a diverse multicultural environment. This is a full-time, on-site position, based in our Washington D.C. office.
• Providing OS, software and hardware installation, repair and maintenance of RFA audio and video automation, streaming, storage systems and studios.
• Building bare metal up client & server computer systems.
• Providing Tier 3 level technical support, ensuring timely resolution.
• Ensuring and maintaining top IT security standards.
• Troubleshooting on air broadcast systems and other systems with appropriate urgency.
• Sharing 24/7/365 on call technical emergency support duties with other team members.
• Support and administration of IP based audio, video and telecommunications equipment.
• Reading and using electronic schematic and systems diagrams effectively.
• Documenting quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, and reference materials.
• Additional related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Occasional travel, domestic and overseas for short assignments.
• Four-year technical degree in a related field, or equivalent education/experience/training.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in radio and/or television engineering, including troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of broadcast systems. Equivalent experience in sound reinforcement and/or advanced multitrack audio production systems might be considered.
• Proficiency in Windows & Linux systems administration.
• Ability to kneel and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and an interest in developing new strategies.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English. Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments effectively and solid organizational skills.
• Team oriented with ability to work in concert with the managing engineer and other team members, as well as accepting input from end users.
• Demonstrated general understanding of the news and programming production process.
• Strong knowledge of analog and digital audio and video wiring, signal flow and routing.
• Solid knowledge of IP networking and equipment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital and IP based radio & television broadcast equipment.
• Knowledge of audio and video streaming protocols and systems.
Additional Desirable Skills
• Knowledge of newsroom systems such as ENPS.
• Knowledge of one or more of RFA’s broadcast languages and related cultures.
• VOIP, and/or PBX systems knowledge.
How to Apply: Send résumé together with a cover letter making reference to “Broadcast System Engineer" in the subject line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Band: 10
Job Email id: rfajobs(at)rfa.org