|Organization Name||:||People in Need (PIN)|
|Location||:||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Jun 2023, 05:35 am|
|Closing Date||:||29 Jun 2023, 12:00 am|
Starting date: ASAP
Job type: Full-time
Location: Prague (with occasional travelling to country programmes)
People in Need (PIN) is one of the largest non-profit organizations in the Central and Eastern Europe region working in the field of humanitarian and development aid, promotion of human rights and social inclusion. Currently, over 1900 employees work for the Humanitarian and Development Section of People in Need in 23 countries on 3 continents.
What will be your responsibility?
Independent tasks in the coordination of external audits and compliance support to country programmes of the Humanitarian and Development Section as well as the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy:
• Supporting the External Audit and Compliance Manager with overall coordination and communication of systemic (organization-wide) and project audits (USAID, EC, Czech Development Agency, etc.), and progressively training to full independence.
• Communicating and coordinating meetings with auditors and colleagues, especially Finance and Project Managers, preparing submissions to auditors on systems related to Humanitarian and Development Assistance and the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy;
• Conducting project reviews for audit purposes in accordance with donor requirements
• Overseeing audits, including their timing, budgeting and planning
• Based on the results of audits and in collaboration with the Compliance Manager: suggesting system improvements, identify risks, and enter them into organizational registers
• Supporting missions and HQ colleagues by email, ad-hoc research
• Analysing institutional donor conditions and transferring knowledge to colleagues through training and e-learning development
• Internal commenting and approval of donor agreements by region
• Creation and commenting on internal guidelines
• Collaboration with other departments (e.g. internal audit, finance managers, legal department)
We are looking for someone who:
• Can independently deal with the given task and solve it within the given deadline
• Has a university degree, preferably with a background in finance, economics and law, as well as previous audit experience
• Is proactive in communicating with colleagues and in performing tasks
• Has a communicative and helpful attitude
• Has the ability to cope with a dynamically changing environment
• Is fluent in english, preferably also spanish
• Is open to communicate remotely with colleagues on overseas missions , as well as with major donors and auditors, as well as the organization's leadership
• Has an analytical, financial and logical mindset, with the ability to work independently in a demanding audit and donor environment, but don't worry, we have the experience and systems to train you
• Is advanced in working with excel and other accounting and finance systems experience is an advantage
• Has previous experience in the nonprofit sector (in finance or similar role)
• Work experience in the largest non-profit organization in Central Europe;
• Support from senior colleagues
• Diverse and creative work with an international focus that won't get boring;
• Starting salary 42000 - 45000 CZK per month;
• 25 days of paid holidays, sick days;
• Opportunity to occasionally work from home;
• Language courses and other broad training opportunities focused on both technical knowledge and soft skills (comprehensive induction training, internal e-learning courses, PIN Training Hub)
• Laptop and mobile phone also for personal use;
• Multisport card
• Nursery on the ground floor of the offices;
• Work in a city centre office with excellent accessibility;
• A working culture based on openness and informal relationships;
• Opportunity to participate in interesting events organised by People in Need (e.g. One World Festival);
• Dog-Friendly Office
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: ).
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need involves. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Apply at: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/3B87A2A881/