|Organization Name||:||International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC)|
|Location||:||Kyiv, Dnipro, Ukraine|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 May 2023, 06:55 am|
|Closing Date||:||15 Jun 2023, 12:00 am|
Location: Kyiv or Dnipro
OPEN TO NATIONAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Position Summary and Purpose: Under the supervision of the Country Representative, Project/MEAL Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation of IOCC Ukraine projects and for using approved IOCC MEAL systems and tools to ensure data quality and consistent reporting for program activities in Ukraine. This position will be responsible for communicating M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) information, gathering data from the field staff, follow up on activities and reporting.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
1. Project Implementation: leads the day-to-day monitoring of field projects in accordance with IOCC and donor regulations, grant agreements and modifications. Ensure that project activities operate within approved implementation plan and indicators.
2. Program Reporting and Improvements: prepares accurate and timely reports for the Program Manager / Country Representative that will be shared with donors and IOCC HQ. Assesses needs and suggest areas of intervention and shares innovative methods with partners after discussing and agreeing with the Program Manager / Country Representative.
3. Monitoring and Evaluation: in collaboration with IOCC Ukraine country representative develops and updates MEAL Plan and in alignment with project and regional MEAL plan, identifying appropriate indicators and adaptation of data collection system for collection and reporting to measure targets of project objectives.
4. Data Collection, Validation and Analysis: creates and maintains existing data collection tools, including filing systems. Works with partners to utilize existing tools for data collection to measure progress against project targets and objectives. Contributes to developing data collection tools including survey questionnaires, interview schedules, facility assessment and supervision. Supervises the timely collection and storage of accurate and reliable data. Visits the field as needed, to support and/ or supervise data collection or verify data quality. Prepares analyses for developing status reports.
5. Status Reports and Data Sharing: prepares and disseminates project progress reports (tracked against work plan). Reports on country and project specific indicators of targets monthly to the Program Manager or Country representative to be shared with the HQ MEAL Officer. Participates in regular meetings with IOCC staff and/or partners for data sharing, capacity development, and management in relation to tracking program progress.
6. Capacity Building: provides technical support to local implementing partners to adapt existing tools for the continual collection, analysis, and presentation of data, and supports partners in interpreting and reporting on their progress and achievements.
7. Continuous Improvement: serves as an active member of IOCC’s MEAL community of practice to share and implement insights. Identifies, rectifies, and reports to the Program Manager or Country Representative the training needs and data issues for the country or project.
8. Representation: Upon the request of the Program Manager or Country Representative, represents existing projects to partners, communities and government officials. Represents IOCC at various donor, partner, and government.
9. Business Development: supports the concept note and proposal development process from concept inception through submission, including writing MEAL plan, as outlined in IOCC Business Development Policy.
10. Financial Management: oversees and manages MEAL components of Country Operating Plan budgets and managing resources appropriately, as it relates to country and project.
11. IOCC Employee Expectations: maintains familiarity with IOCC policies and procedures, and positively encourages staff to abide and comply.
12. Security Expectations: ensures that all MEAL activities are aligned with IOCC Safety & Security Plan and donor safety and security procedures.
Minimally Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning: Foundational skills in monitoring and evaluation, including timely data analysis, synthesis, and communication of results.
• Project Planning and Budgeting: Proven ability to tactically plan and implement projects. Proven ability to draft budgets.
• MEAL Applications: Advanced understanding of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Data Collection Processes, Guidelines, Standards and Tools: Proven ability to update, implement and follow data collection processes, guidelines, standards and tools. Proven ability to implement data collection tools.
• Decision-Making and Problem-Solving: Advanced skills using data to inform decision-making, planning, and monitoring.
• Relationship Management: Proven skills in leveraging effective working relationships and influencing key stakeholders in support of business goals.
• Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, database and internet applications.
• Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels.
• Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures.
• Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
• Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Experience, and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in international development, social sciences, or related field; or a combination of education and work experience that yields the minimally required knowledge, skills and abilities
• At least 5 years' experience in years of experience in a similar role
• Fluent Ukrainian and fluent English, required.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
• Travel required: periodic travel to Dnipro/Kyiv office
• Sits for long periods of time
• Standard office environment; mostly sedentary position.
• Frequently works in an office environment and requires dexterity to operate general office equipment
• Infrequent weekend and evening work may be required.
How to apply
When applying, you are kindly requested to submit to email@example.com a CV in English and a letter of Intent that clearly demonstrate experience and competencies as required. Please note all qualifications will be verified.
OPEN TO NATIONAL CANDIDATES ONLYWe will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
Job Email id: dlsoare(at)iocc.org