Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 22 Jun 2022, 12:51 pm Print
Zimbabwe Unsplash
Harare/UNI/Xinhua: The Zimbabwean government lifted a midnight-to-dawn curfew imposed as part of COVID-19 containment measures.
The number of new COVID-19 cases continued to decrease over the past week while the recovery rate stood at 97 percent, acting Information Minister Jenfan Muswere told a post-cabinet media briefing.
"No patients were admitted to the intensive care unit (over the past week). This indicates that the COVID-19 pandemic remains under control, as it has been for some months now," he said.
The Cabinet stressed that the implementation of all COVID-19 public health and social measures must continue to be strengthened.
Muswere said as of Monday, 55.7 percent of the population had received vaccinations. The Cabinet last week approved the introduction of COVID-19 self-test kits mainly at ports of entry in order to ramp up the country's testing capacity.
- New hybrid Mpox strain surfaces in UK and India — WHO sounds global alert
- Deadly weight: Obesity now responsible for 1 in 10 infection deaths worldwide
- Coffee and tea: This everyday drink may help protect your brain from dementia
- Happy Chocolate Day! The sweet secret behind chocolate’s hidden benefits
- Cambridge study finds menopause affects memory, mood, and sleep

