Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 Oct 2020, 08:09 am Print

Shanghai/Xinhua: Shanghai reported two imported COVID-19 cases and no domestically transmitted cases Friday, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
One case was a Chinese national working in the Philippines and the other case was Japanese. Both cases have been sent to designated medical institutions for treatment, and a total of 22 people in close contact with the patients on flights have been put under quarantine.
The municipal health commission said a total of 696 imported cases had been reported in Shanghai by Friday. Among them, 641 patients were discharged from hospital after recovery, and 55 continued to receive treatment in hospitals.
By Friday, the municipality had reported 342 locally transmitted confirmed cases, including seven deaths.
Image: Pixabay
- Health workers call for cleaner air to curb pollution deaths
- Armed men raped children as young as one during Sudan civil war
- Over half of adults worldwide will be obese by 2050: Study
- WHO warns Breast cancer cases projected to rise by nearly 40 per cent by 2050
- Pakistan registers third polio case of 2025