Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 May 2023, 10:58 pm Print
Twitter chief Elon Musk on Friday said he has found a new chief executive for micro-blogging site Twitter.
However, he did not disclose the name.
He said the new CEO will now take charge of the office in six weeks.
"Excited to announce that I’ve hired a new CEO for X/Twitter. She will be starting in ~6 weeks!" Musk tweeted.
Excited to announce that I’ve hired a new CEO for X/Twitter. She will be starting in ~6 weeks!— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 11, 2023
My role will transition to being exec chair & CTO, overseeing product, software & sysops.
"My role will transition to being exec chair & CTO, overseeing product, software & sysops," he said.
NBCUniversal’s head of advertising, Linda Yaccarino, is in talks to become the new CEO of Twitter, according to people familiar with the situation, reports The Wall Street Journal.
Who is Linda Yaccarino?
Yaccarino, chairman of global advertising and partnerships at NBCU, has been with NBCU for more than a decade, where she has been an industry advocate for finding better ways to measure the effectiveness of advertising, reports The Wall Street Journal.
As head of NBCU’s advertising sales, she was key in the launch of the company’s ad-supported Peacock streaming service,the newspaper reported.
- US reaches debt ceiling deal amid a looming financial crisis
- African free trade area could spur sustainable growth: UN chief
- China facing large income gap between its rich, poor: Report
- China witnessing a rise in youth joblessness crisis
- Macro-economic management policy of Bangladesh is prudent enough to avoid China's debt trap: Expert