Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 11 Mar 2020, 07:17 am Print
Pixabay
Ankara/Sputnik: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan accused Damascus on Wednesday of violating the Idlib ceasefire, agreed upon by Russia and Turkey, warning that Ankara could strike even a heavier blow if the truce breaches continue.
"After the ceasefire was announced, the Idlib population breathed a sigh of relief for the first time ever. However, ceasefire violations have already started. We expect that Russia will repel the [Syrian] regime's attempts. But if this promise is not kept, we will not retract and will conduct an attack, which will be even more remarkable than previously. We will not only respond to attacks, but conduct attacks ourselves," Erdogan said in his address for the Turkish ruling party.
Turkey sees permanent ceasefire in Idlib, the president stressed.
- Trump signs 10% global tariff, says it takes effect ‘almost immediately’
- BJP wins a seat in Bangladesh — But not the one you think!
- Meet Shabana Mahmood: Could she take over as UK’s first Pakistani-origin Muslim PM?
- Dalai Lama's Office breaks silence on Epstein claims
- Russia says suspect in shooting of GRU Deputy detained in Dubai

