Islamabad: In a shocking incident, a Pakistani Hindu girl was intoxicated and raped by two men in Tando Mohammad Khan area on Friday, media reports said.
The victim is a minor.
Police have arrested two suspects in connection with the incident so far.
They were sent to police custody on Saturday.
According to the first information report (FIR) of the incident, which was lodged on behalf of the girl's father under Sections 376 and 34 of the Pakistan Penal Code, the victim had gone outside of her house to bring some groceries on Friday (June 7); while on her way, two unidentified suspects called her towards them. The girl said that when she went to them, the two forced her to drink liquor and then proceeded to rape her, reported Dawn News.
The father reportedly told police that after the girl did not return for a while they searched and found her in distress near Sugar Mills ground.
The father said the girl was taken to Civil Hospital Tando Mohammad Khan for treatment.
According to the father, they belonged to a nomad family and had recently come to Tando Mohammad Khan, although they used to live there in the past as well, reported Dawn News.
The victim was later shifted to Civil hospital Hyderabad.
Tando Mohammad Khan SSP Zulfiqar Talpur told Dawn that DNA samples of the girl and the two suspects have been taken for further investigation.
- Paying tribute and strengthening the role of #WomenHumanitarians on World Humanitarian Day
- ‘Quash’ convictions and release women jailed for protesting against wearing veils in Iran, urge UN rights experts
- Gender equality, education and the environment at the forefront of new SDG Advocate campaigns
- Saudi women allowed to travel without approval of male Guardian: Reports
- If my successor is a woman then she needs to be attractive: Dalai Lama's sexist words invite censure