Kabul: At least nine people were as a suicide bombing targeted a security check post in Jalalabad city in the eastern province of Nangarhar of Afghanistan on Thursday, media reports said.
Attaullah Khogyani, the provincial governor’s spokesman, told Tolo News that the suicide bombing happened in Jalalabad’s Police District Six in Familiha area.
He said it is still not clear whether the deceased people are civilians or military personnel.
Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani reportedly condemned the attack.
- Afghanistan: 3 Taliban mine planters blown up by own IED
- Afghanistan: Blast near Kabul University leaves 8 killed
- Carnage must stop in northwest Syria demands Lowcock, as attacks intensify
- Afghanistan: Explosion close to Kabul University leaves four killed
- Afghanistan: Airstrikes kill more than 20 Taliban militants