Kabul: At least nine people were as a suicide bombing targeted a security check post in Jalalabad city in the eastern province of Nangarhar of Afghanistan on Thursday, media reports said.
Attaullah Khogyani, the provincial governor’s spokesman, told Tolo News that the suicide bombing happened in Jalalabad’s Police District Six in Familiha area.
He said it is still not clear whether the deceased people are civilians or military personnel.
Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani reportedly condemned the attack.
- Afghanistan: 4 Pakistani militants blown up by own bomb
- Hundreds of thousands of civilians at risk in Syria amid ongoing violence in northeast and northwest
- Taliban terrorists kill Afghanistan scholar and Kabul University lecturer Aziz Ahmad Panjshiri
- Guterres says justice must be done following deadly Burkina Faso convoy attack
- Step up action to protect the planet during wartime: UN environment chief