|Organization Name||:||AcciÃ³n contra el Hambre EspaÃ±a|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
General Job description:
The Operation Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and provides operational support to the Nutrition / Food Security / Water and Sanitation programs on an Action Against Hunger Tyre base. The HoB oversees security at the base level, leading the context and risk analysis and the adoption of the necessary measures to protect the staff and the Organization.
The Operation Coordinator will represent Action Against Hunger in the South Lebanon and oversee all AAH activities, staff and assets, making sure that all departments follow AAH procedures and have a unified and coherent management. Will update and follow up all AAH procedures with the support of CD and Headquarters.
In a context of both emergency and stabilization towards development you will be responsible for:
• Programme Management
• Human Resources Management & Capacity Building (base of around 100 employees)
• Ensure effective intra-base coordination in Bekaa Lebanon
• Ensure proper management of the ACF security procedures and tools in coordination with CD and Logistics Coordinator
• Contribute to the definition of mission strategy
Specific information about the position:
• The base is in a context of growing and implementing new projects (protection)
• Basic assistance post emergency project for Syrian and Palestian refuges
• Construction of infrastructures benefiting both population
• Lebanon mission encourage new approaches and innovative solutions and the implementation of pilots project.
• Volatile security contexts
· The position is based in Zahle (Bekaa Valley) with visits to the field less than 1 hour away
· Zahle is very close to Beirut and offers you lot of diversity in terms of living conditions and activities (sports, trekking, outdoor eating, sea bathing...). More information here : http://www.living-lebanon.com/zahle-and-surroundings.html
• Degree and/or Master Degree in Economics, Sociology, International Development, Political Science or International Relations
• 5 years of experience in the Humanitarian/development sector, preferably Ideally in a similar role.
• Minimum of one year of previous experience in an NGO in managerial position with preferable experience in accountancy, finance, budget management, donor rules, ACF procedures and Cost Coverage Plan.
• Previous experience in security management.
• Excellent team management skills, good listener, high communication skills
• English (compulsory working language, spoken, read and written); Arabic (useful)Remuneration
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
• Formal work contract: 12 months starting Mid-August 2018
• Salary: from 2.140 € to 2.650 € gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger - Spain). Action Against Hunger - Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
• 14% additional remuneration as a bonus to context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
· Action Against Hunger - Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
• House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
• Travel costs to and from the mission.
• 25 working days of paid leave per year.
• Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
• Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
• This position is not offered under family status but an extra per month and per child is offered (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger - Spain).