JEN | @justearthnews | 31 Jul 2017
July 30 (Just Earth News) The Economic and Social council (ECOSOC) elected by acclamation Marie Chatardová, Permanent Representative of the Czech Republic to the United Nations, as President for the Council’s 2018 session.
President-elect Chatardová (centre right) with Frederick Musiiwa Makamure Shava (centre), Permanent Representative of the Republic of Zimbabwe and outgoing ECOSOC President, at the meeting. Also pictured, Wu Hongbo (centre left), Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs. UN Photo/Lula Gao
- General Assembly holds high-level forum on culture of peace
- Security Council emergency meeting on latest nuclear test by DPRK
- Celebration of UN Staff Day
- Security Council considers situation in YemenSecurity Council considers situation in Yemen
- UN staff stands together marking World Humanitarian Day