06 Jun 2017
June 5 (Just Earth News) In a by-election, the General Assembly selected The Netherlands for a one-year non-permanent seat on the Security Council starting on 1 January 2018. The Assembly also elected five non-permanent Members for two-year terms on the Council starting 1 January 2018: Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Kuwait, Peru and Poland.
Conference officers hold up empty ballot boxes before collecting ballots from delegates. UN Photo/Manuel Elias
- General Assembly holds high-level forum on culture of peace
- Security Council emergency meeting on latest nuclear test by DPRK
- Celebration of UN Staff Day
- Security Council considers situation in YemenSecurity Council considers situation in Yemen
- UN staff stands together marking World Humanitarian Day