Moscow (Sputnik/UNI): The Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria said Wednesday that eight Syrians, including two children, were killed in bombardment by militants in Syria’s province of Aleppo.
"As a result of the shelling of al-Nayrab in the province of Aleppo, eight Syrian citizens, including two children, were killed, and another ten civilians were wounded," the head of the center Maj. Gen. Viktor Kupchishin said.
He also noted that over the past 24 hours, the center registered at least 10 ceasefire breaches within Syria’s Idlib de-escalation zone.
Syria has been in a state of civil war since 2011, with the government forces fighting against numerous opposition groups and militant and terrorist organizations.
Russia, along with Turkey and Iran, is a guarantor of the ceasefire regime in Syria.
Moscow has also been providing humanitarian aid to residents of the crisis-torn country.
- Deadly airstrikes and drone hits displace thousands of civilians in Libya oasis town
- Four killed after gunmen attack convoy in Nigeria
- Appointment of alleged war criminal to head of Sri Lanka army ‘deeply troubling’, says UN human rights chief
- Afghanistan: Security forces arrest ISIS militants in Kabul
- Afghanistan: Multiple explosions rock Jalalabad, several injured