Moscow (Sputnik/UNI): The Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria said Wednesday that eight Syrians, including two children, were killed in bombardment by militants in Syria’s province of Aleppo.
"As a result of the shelling of al-Nayrab in the province of Aleppo, eight Syrian citizens, including two children, were killed, and another ten civilians were wounded," the head of the center Maj. Gen. Viktor Kupchishin said.
He also noted that over the past 24 hours, the center registered at least 10 ceasefire breaches within Syria’s Idlib de-escalation zone.
Syria has been in a state of civil war since 2011, with the government forces fighting against numerous opposition groups and militant and terrorist organizations.
Russia, along with Turkey and Iran, is a guarantor of the ceasefire regime in Syria.
Moscow has also been providing humanitarian aid to residents of the crisis-torn country.
- 12 Taliban terrorists killed in Afghanistan
- Militants attacked settlements in three Syrian provinces in past 24 hours : Russian Military
- All 9 Easter Sunday suicide bombers identified, says Sri Lankan police
- Afghanistan: Explosion rocks Ghazni, three killed
- Children of ISIL terrorists likely held in ‘secret detention facilities’, UN human rights office warns