Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 09 Oct 2017
The incident took place near Shahporir Dwip under Teknaf upazila of Cox’s Bazar district.
The bodies were recovered from the nearby Naf river.
According to a Border Guard Bangladesh official, the boat capsized on Sunday night near the river’s Gholar Char point.
Lieutenant Colonel SM Ariful Islam was quoted by the daily as saying, "The BGB members rescued eight Rohingya after the trawler capsized around 10pm but seven others are still missing."
The official added that the boat was carrying at least 28 people when it overturned.
- Nepal: Over 20 injured in road mishap
- Italy bridge collapse: Death toll rises to 37; rescue operations still on
- Afghanistan: Six girls, including four from a family, killed in rocket explosion in Laghman
- Over 1000 minors abused by at least 300 clergymen in the last seven decades, says Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Italy bridge collapse: At least 26 killed; rescuers looking for survivors in Genoa