Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 09 Oct 2017
The incident took place near Shahporir Dwip under Teknaf upazila of Cox’s Bazar district.
The bodies were recovered from the nearby Naf river.
According to a Border Guard Bangladesh official, the boat capsized on Sunday night near the river’s Gholar Char point.
Lieutenant Colonel SM Ariful Islam was quoted by the daily as saying, "The BGB members rescued eight Rohingya after the trawler capsized around 10pm but seven others are still missing."
The official added that the boat was carrying at least 28 people when it overturned.
- Brazil police arrest at least 108 in crackdown on paedophiles
- Afghanistan: ISIS, Taliban militants engage in war, at least five dead
- Afghan army and Taliban suffer heavy casualties in Kandahar base attack
- Afghanistan: Grenade attack kills one in Kabul
- Pakistan: Seven policemen killed in Balochistan blast