Moscow (Sputnik/UNI): Over 60 militants of Taliban radical movement were killed as a result of special operations and airstrikes performed by Afghan forces across the country over past 24 hours, local media reported, citing military sources.
According to the Khaama Press News Agency, the operations were conducted in the provinces of Lagar, Wardak, Helmand, Uruzgan and Paktika.
During the operations, Afghan forces also destroyed one Taliban radio tower and two improvised explosive devices, the agency said.
Afghanistan has long been suffering from an unstable security situation. The government has been fighting the Taliban, which has been waging a war against Kabul for almost two decades, and the Islamic State terrorist group (IS, banned in Russia), which has been operating in Afghanistan since 2015.
- Almost 400 hospitals in Yemen destroyed in airstrikes during 4-year war: Health Ministry
- Chinese-made drones may be stealing data from US customers : Homeland Security Department
- Rocket explosion rocks Green Zone in central Baghdad
- Five migrants killed, 39 wounded in road accident in Southeast Turkey: Reports
- Sri Lanka: Police arrest Islamist preacher for inciting extremism on social media