|Organization Name||:||International Youth Foundation (IYF)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
For more than 25 years, the International Youth Foundation’s (IYF®) sole focus has been to help young people succeed. A global nonprofit organization, IYF believes success in life is secured by earning a livelihood. For most youth that means choosing a career path and landing that first job, while others decide to start their own small businesses or social ventures. Regardless of the road chosen, IYF has been by the side of more than 19.7 million youth in 105 countries empowering them to overcome the obstacles that lie in their way to leading productive, fulfilling lives. IYF is headquartered in Baltimore, USA, with field offices that include Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. To learn more visit www.iyfnet.org.
POSITION SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of this position will be to oversee the implementation of IYF’s entrepreneurship project, working in close collaboration with the local partner. Project activities include supporting market analyses; working with partners to select entrepreneurial-minded youth; enhancing entrepreneurship training and business development services; and managing the development and roll out of a financial inclusion strategy, which will include linking youth to financing opportunities.
The Senior Entrepreneurship Manager will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The ideal candidate will be a person with a commitment to international development and values-driven work environment, with demonstrated experience implementing entrepreneurship and financial inclusion activities as part of youth development programs in Tanzania.
• Provide technical input into the implementation of entrepreneurship and related activities for self-employment, with the ultimate goal of jobs/income creation through access to business development services for start-up and/or expansion.
• Ensure entrepreneurship quality standards are implemented throughout the project.
• Support the local partner to develop/adapt appropriate diagnostic tools that enable the right young people to be selected and then succeed within the project’s entrepreneurship track.
• Manage the development of a financial inclusion strategy and its implementation. Strategy may include designing and developing suitable flexible lending products for business startup and/or growth based on the Tanzanian context, including innovative approaches to saving and lending, and supporting the partner to carry out assessments of microfinance institutions and related mobile banking solutions that support program goals.
• Identify key opportunities to assist youth participants to start and scale up their business.
• Support the establishment and formalization (e.g., through MOUs) of strong and effective partnerships between business development services providers and financial intermediaries, including clearly defined referral systems, to ensure a common understanding of youth pathways to entrepreneurial and/or business success.
• Carry out research relevant to the project as required.
• Investigate the integration technology and competition based solutions for financial inclusion and entrepreneurship in programming.
• Review monitoring and evaluation data and reporting, track program performance and identify best practices related to financial inclusion and entrepreneurship development.
• Provide technical support and training services to the local partner and their network as required.
• Successfully coordinate activities with other program staff to ensure integration of project activities across all component areas for entrepreneurship/business, life skills, and overall project success.
• Provide regular updates on implementation progress and prepare required contributions to quarterly and annual reports, and generate other technical reports as required.
• Identify any problems and challenges that may arise and offer solutions accordingly.
• Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed.
• Established enterprise development professional in Tanzania, with ability to engage, maintain and build upon local partnerships with donors, government, civil society organizations, and business development and/or microfinance institutions. Strong knowledge of the Tanzanian entrepreneurship environment required.
• Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in different sectors.
• Ability to effectively balance clear articulation and support for integration of the project’s entrepreneurship activities/objectives into youth programming, with execution (attention to detail).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Kiswahili and English, including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
• REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors’ degree and 8+ years of work experience in managing and providing technical support to youth entrepreneurship and/or financial inclusion programs in the region. Master’s degree preferred.
• Demonstrated experience successfully working with the public sector, the private sector, civil society, financial institutions, local government and donors in supporting the emergence of small businesses and self-employment
• Experience with curriculum assessment, training methodologies and conducting and evaluating entrepreneurship training activities.
• Knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g., education, employment, entrepreneurship/agribusiness, health) preferred.
SUPERVISOR: Country Director, Tanzania
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Tanzania – Sr Entrepreneurship Manager" in the subject line:
• Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment (http://www.iyfnet.org/sites/default/files/IYF_Field%20Office_Application%20for%20Employment.doc)
• Cover Letter
Applications will be reviewed as received. Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please. To be considered for this position, please follow application instructions.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.