|Organization Name||:||Energy Transition Partnership (ETP)|
|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
About the Energy Transition Partnership
The Energy Transition Partnership (ETP) is a partnership of donors and philanthropies to provide capital assistance and jointly fund technical assistance to accelerate the renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure transition in South East Asia (specific countries to be selected).
Context of the role
The Participants in the ETP intend to form a small, interim Secretariat located in South East Asia (or virtually until a physical location can be determined) – to perform the coordination function between the Participants, and between the Participants and national governments, and regional grantees and international partners.
With the formation of the ETP the Participants are determined to find effective and efficient modalities to pool funds, align interests, share information and coordinate activities.The Secretariat will be charged with making this manifest. Effective coordination is critical to have a real impact on the ground, and there is a sense of urgency to the establishment of the Secretariat to fulfil this coordination function.
There are many actors driven by the climate crisis that seek to support the countries of South East Asia to develop and implement solutions that will increase the pace and scale of their low-carbon transition. As interest and financial support grows in the region, there is an elevated risk that donors will duplicate efforts, misallocate precious resource and waste the time of government officials and local actors. The purpose of the Secretariat is to mitigate this risk.
The role is a full time position from now until the end of 2019.
• Overall Project Management
• Governance Design
• Service Delivery Provider Procurement
• Contributions to the Programme Design aspects (work programme) of ETP, to be led by the Programme Design Manager
• Interim Secretariat Director
• Service Delivery Partners
• Programme Design Manager and bilateral or regional governments to support programme design development
• At least 5 years of professional experience in donor government programme management, working with global partners, experience in setting up and selecting donor delivery partners desired;
• An understanding of and interest in the philanthropy sector;
• Knowledge of the environmental and climate policy landscape in the SEA region will be a major advantage;
• Demonstrated ability to synthesise complex information, organize and convene events with regional and international participants;
• Excellent strategic thinking, organisational, negotiation and time management skills, with a proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver;
• Ability to work well in a team but also to work independently and be managed at a distance;
• Experience working in an international team environment;
• Superior written and verbal English skills (essential);?
• Strong administrative and computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word),
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of the ETP and the European Climate Foundation;
• Flexibility over working hours to accommodate for global time zones; and,
• Impeccable ethics, working confidentially and operating with high security.
What we offer
• The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international team who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
• New horizon combining philanthropy and donor governments in a new platform;
• A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
• Duration: 9 months likely, depending on start date;
• Compensation is competitive; and,
• Secondments will be considered
The location can be virtual (anywhere global) although there is a preference for a South East Asia-located individual.
Apply at: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/europeanclimate/jobs/governance__operations_manager_energy_transition_partnership_location_flexible_5847/en/
- Innovation Communications Consultant
- Program Officer, Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication, Voice for Mekong Forests (V4MF) Project
- Consultant - Research on language and communication barriers when Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in northeast Nigeria
- Developer: O&E Model Interface
- Program Director