|Organization Name||:||The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Post Title: Finance Specialist
Duty Station: Madrid, Spain
Start Date: As soon as possible
Department: Budget and Finance
Duration: Twelve months
Contractual: Service Contract
Deadline for 04 June 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
UNWTO is currently looking for a Finance Specialist for its Budget and Finance Department. The Budget and Finance Department, in accordance with the UNWTO Financial Rules and Regulations, is responsible for preparing and monitoring the UNWTO budget, producing the Financial Statements of the Organization compliant with IPSAS, drafting UNWTO financial rules, regulations and policies of the Organization and other budgetary and financial reports for the UNWTO Governing Bodies, the External Auditors and other stakeholders, ensuring budgetary and financial management, accounting, management of treasury operations and investments, monitoring receivables and payables, and payroll management. It is also responsible for the data model and reference data development of the financial management information system of the Organization.
Under the supervision of the Chief, Budget and Finance, the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Reviews documents with financial components for compliance against established regulations, such as, but not limited to, contracts and agreements; performs encoding of documents in the appropriate financial management information system and oversees the data entry;
• Assists in the preparation of invoices and registers incoming invoices in the accounting system; examines invoices against related documentation in accordance with the appropriate financial regulations; checks budget coding of expenditures and arithmetical accuracy of invoices against authorized obligations;
• Reviews financial transactions and ensures that these are correctly posted in the financial management information system; proposes timely corrective actions and answers relevant queries, when required, and brings discrepancies/anomalies to the attention of the supervisor;
• Controls and reviews both the electronic and paper formats of supporting documents related to financial transactions;
• Prepares account reconciliations, book-keeping transactions and provides general financial information and reports;
• Assembles and maintains financial records and files; contributes to the preparation of briefs, statistics and reports;
• Answers queries from internal and external stakeholders, replies to reminders and remittance notices, and provides appropriate timely follow-up;
• Performs other duties as required.
• University degree in economics, finance, accounting, public or business administration, or equivalent. A university degree in another discipline may be accepted in lieu if it is pertinent to the requirements of the post and in combination with relevant professional experience.
• Minimum of three years of professional experience in accounting, finance, economics, public or business administration, or a related field.
• Fluency in English is required;
• Good working knowledge of Spanish is a strong asset;
• Good working knowledge of another of the official languages of the Organization (Arabic, French or Russian) is an asset.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software and Windows 7;
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is an asset.
Other Skills and Competencies
• Analytical, creative and organizational skills;
• Strong oral and written communications skills in the languages required, as
• indicated above;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multiethnic environment with
• sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently within assigned areas, showing
• initiative and judgment;
• Sense of responsibility and commitment;
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines;
• Knowledge of structures and procedures of international organizations and of
• national administrations is desirable.
Remuneration and Other Conditions
The monthly remuneration of the selected candidate would be in the range of EUR 1,600 to EUR 1,700 depending on previous professional experience, skills and competencies. The Service Contract holder will be affiliated to the UNWTO health insurance plan (co-shared scheme in conformity with the Organization’s procedures).
Interested applicants are requested to complete the Online UNWTO Personal History Form (http://www2.unwto.org/webform/UNWTO-HHRR-CFE-22-BDFN-2019). Please note that UNWTO will only accept applications received through our web-based system. Applications sent by other means (e.g. post, email, etc.) or received after the deadline indicated above, will not be taken into consideration.
• Candidates who do not receive any feedback within three months of the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful;
• Short-listed candidates may be asked to take a competitive exam and/or interview as part of the final phase of the selection process. These candidates will be contacted directly for this purpose;
• There is no guarantee either that the initial contract will be renewed or that a career appointment within UNWTO will subsequently be offered.