|Organization Name||:||RECOFTC Lao PDR Country Program|
|Location||:||Xaiyabouly, Lao Peoples Democratic Republic|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Intern (FLOURISH Project), RECOFTC Laos Country Program
Application deadline: 15 April 2019
The Center for People and Forests (RECOFTC) holds a unique and important place in the world of forestry. It is the only international not-for-profit organization that specializes in capacity development for community forestry and devolved forest management whilst taking a landscape approach to natural resource management. The Center engages in strategic networks and effective partnerships with governments, nongovernment organizations, civil society, the private sector, local people, and research and educational institutes throughout the Asia-Pacific region and beyond. With over 30 years of international experience and a dynamic approach to capacity development—involving research, analysis and synthesis; strategic communication; training and learning networks; and piloting and demonstrating - The Center delivers innovative solutions for people and forests.
To address the needs and challenges of the Asia-Pacific region, the Center for People and Forests (RECOFTC) has developed an innovative new strategy (2018-2023) to help local people find solutions together with government, the private sector, development partners, local institutes, academia, media and others. Building on its previous strategic phases, the 2018–2023 Strategic Plan puts people at the center of change, by empowering communities, governments and the private sector with rights, opportunities for dialogue, networking, technical expertise, tools and knowledge. The Center’s results will help nearly 5 million people in and near forest landscapes live more equitably, with dignity and greater empowerment to protect themselves from the injustices of poverty and environmental degradation.
The Center is currently providing an opportunity for an internship under its Flourish Project to support Project Field Coordinator. The applicant will have opportunity to gain invaluable experience in working in the field with the above-mentioned project and Laos Country Program (LCP). The successful applicant will be based at the FLOURISH Project field office in Xaiyabouly province and will work under direct supervision of the FLOURISH Project Field Coordinator, also based in Xaiyabouly province and with the overall supervision of the Director, Laos Country Program. The internship duration is up to 12 months and opens for Lao national only.
The intern will be responsible for providing assistance and support to the FLOURISH project covering Xaiyabouly and Bokeo provinces.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Intern will be responsible for the following key duties:
• Work closely with project field coordinator and provide support in the implementation and coordination of the project field activities; namely village land use planning, teak management, nursery, NTFP processing etc. in the three target provinces;
• Help in data collection for baseline survey and resource assessment in seven target villages;
• Help in collecting data to support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of the field based activities in the target areas in the three provinces;
• Support the conduct of workshops, meetings and training in the target provinces;
• Compile information to develop communication product from the project;
• Help in daily office administrative work as needed;
• Travel to other provinces and Vientiane capital as needed;
• Perform other duty as assigned by project field coordinator.
The duration of the internship will be up to twelve (12) months.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Intern will have the following essential and desirable qualifications and experience:
• Diploma in Forestry, or Environment or any other related field;
• One (1) year working experiences in forestry, environment, baseline survey and data collection, etc.
• Willingness to travel to the FLOURISH project field sites
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and any other software application such as GIS
• Lao national only
• Gender sensitive
• Work effectively as a team
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision
In addition, the applicant should possess the following characteristics (including attitudes and skills):
• Inter personal communication skills, individually and in-groups, with an ability to work as an active member of teams. This implies flexibility and open-mindedness.
• Initiative and ability to make informed independent judgments (which is not inconsistent with an overall team approach)
• Ability to work in a variety of cultural and institutional contexts
Interested candidates are invited to submit CV and a cover letter describing their interests for the position and indicating why they are suitable for the position. Application along with current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors, should be directed to HR@recoftc.org Please quote the position title: Intern (Flourish Project) – Laos Country Program in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
Job Email id: hr(at)recoftc.org