|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Position: Project Officer - Higher Education Services
Location: Beirut , Lebanon
Application Deadline: 18 March 2019
Duration: Full-time for 12 months with possibility for extension
Starting date: ASAP
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their post-conflict society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with 80 staff members that helps young entrepreneurs to start or grow their own businesses. SPARK helps displaced youth to access higher education in conflict areas. Moreover, SPARK assists post-secondary education institutions to reform their curricula to better meet the needs of the labour markets. Based in Amsterdam, SPARK has offices in among others Abidjan, Amman, Beirut, Belgrade, Bujumbura, Gaziantep, Erbil, Hargeisa, Juba, Kigali, Mitrovica, Monrovia, Ramallah, Sanaa and Tunis.
SPARK is currently looking to fill the position of:
HES Project Officer (Education development)
SPARK’s Access to Higher Education for Syrian refugees programme is implemented in Iraq (Kurdistan), Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Turkey. It entails a large number of scholarships in the MENA region. For more information visit the SPARK website and http://spark-syria.eu/home/
The local project officer (PO) will work within a team and under the supervision of SPARK’s country manager in Lebanon to manage the country specific activities for SPARK’s Access to Higher Education. Tasks include, but are not limited to, managing administration related to student registration, selection, intake and monitoring in, scholarship payments and monitoring, as well as all administration related to agreements with participating Higher Education institutions and tuition payments. The PO will also support the country manager in all outreach activities in Lebanon, including heading the student desk.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Following up with Higher Education Institutes partners
• Following up with SPARK supported students
• Maintaining and updating the database of students
• Overall administration for the office and project activities;
Monitoring and data entry of all student registration, selection, intake and monitoring;
• Organise and coordinate major workshops and activities with local partners;
•Following up with implementing partners on the progress and deliverables as per the work plan;
• Other tasks as required
Requirements and skills:
• Advanced Educational background or relevant experience in project management and/or the Education Sector
• 3-5 years of working experience in administrative management in projects
• Proven working experience in Lebanon in similar field of work
• Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
• Accurate, structured and precise;
• Flexible and responsible;
• Full professional proficiency in Arabic and English is a requirement
• Applicant needs to hold a working permit for Lebanon or be a Lebanese national
• A contract for 40 hours a week, with a duration of 12 months, with the possibility for extension
• Remuneration depending on education and experience
• International and challenging environment
• Dynamic working experience
• Training opportunities
How to apply?
If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark- online.org or call +31 20 753 0311, with Reference :Project Officer (Education development)
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English)
on https://vacancy.spark-online.org and until 18 March 2019. Please, with application send to us two references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own