Ottawa (Xinhua/UNI) Forty-six people have been rushed to hospital, including 15 in critical condition, following a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a hotel in the City of Winnipeg, Canada's Manitoba, local authorities said Tuesday.
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service crews responded to the alarm around 10 a.m. local time and detected CO of various levels throughout the building, up to 385 parts per million, City of Winnipeg said in a series of tweets.
Quoting officials, CBC News reported that among the 46 hospitalized, 15 are in critical condition, 5 unstable, 26 stable.
- Security Council gravely concerned by Ebola outbreak in DR Congo, demands immediate end to violence hampering response
- UNICEF must triple budget to combat Ebola outbreak in DR Congo; complex crisis impacting unprecedented number of children
- UN sees progress in fight against tobacco, warns more action needed to help people quit deadly product
- DR Congo: efforts to control Ebola epidemic continue, UN food relief agency doubles assistance to affected people
- Eliminating hepatitis calls for ‘bold political leadership, with investments to match,’ UN health chief says