• Ensure proper planning and monitoring of the implementation of activities in accordance with the established schedule through periodic meetings with partners and/or other project stakeholders.
• Coordinate and monitor the implementation of activities in conjunction with other DCA colleagues, while ensuring the technical quality of implementation activities.
• In collaboration with the Sahel Base Manager, ensure the effectiveness of planning in relation to achievements and analyze blocking factors in implementation.
• In close collaboration with the MEAL team, facilitate MEAL project monitoring and evaluation activities and updating project monitoring tools.
• Anticipate difficulties related to the conduct of activities and facilitate the resolution of possible problems encountered between field teams.
• Support and accompany partners in monthly planning and monitoring of the implementation of activities in the field;
Communication and coordination:
• Coordinate the planning of partner activities, in accordance with the overall project work plan.
• Support and assist partners in supervising their teams in the field.
• Liaise with stakeholders (local authorities, state technical services, partner NGOs, etc.), team members and project beneficiaries to ensure effective communication and coordination.
• Document the progress of the project, the impact of activities and ensure the sharing of key information with the implementation teams and in conjunction with the DCA MEAL team.
• Promote internal information sharing, as well as coordination between implementing partners.
• Contribute to the humanitarian coordination of activities implemented in the field by providing timely feedback of key data to sectoral technical advisors, the Program Director and the Country Director;
Budget management :
• Be responsible for all aspects related to good budgetary management, in particular monthly planning, regular updating of budget monitoring tools, tracking of expenditure rates, in conjunction with the support team (finance and logistics).
• Monitor compliance with purchasing plan deadlines as well as its continuous updating, and contribute to its implementation (preparation of required documentation, participation in the supplier selection process, coordination of distribution activities, if necessary), in accordance with the internal procedures of DCA and the lessor.
• Ensure compliance with donor procedures when carrying out activities.
• Monitor the expenditure plan and possible modifications to it in collaboration with the Finance department.
• Review the terms of reference of partners' procurement processes in collaboration with the Logistics department;
• Contribute to the preparation of expenditure forecasts and internal and lessor financial reports in conjunction with the Finance department.
• Assist in the preparation of the statement of financial needs and cash flow requests for the project in conjunction with the Finance department and in consultation with partners.
• Help control financial and logistical supporting documents relating to project activities implemented by partners in conjunction with the Finance department.
• Carry out spot checks of the quality and conformity of project deliverables (infrastructure, AGR, etc.) and documentation and compliance with related programmatic, financial and purchasing procedures.
• Participate in monthly budget monitoring meetings (BFU), as well as support meetings organized at the DCA coordination level in Bamako.
• In coordination with partners, ensure monitoring of the project's Environmental & Social Management Plan, coordinate the application of the mitigation measures stipulated therein and reporting to the lessor.
Risk management :
• Identify, analyze and manage risks to the success of the project in collaboration with the implementation teams, systematic implementation of the risk matrix.
• Report all risks identified to the Program Director and participate in the implementation of mitigation measures.
• Ensure compliance with security rules by partner teams with the support of the Security Manager and the Country Director and coordinate the reporting of security information.
Reporting and monitoring:
• Receive and consolidate project progress reports provided by local partners in compliance with contractual deadlines.
• Prepare monthly reports detailing the progress of the project and monitoring of its implementation (progress, challenges, lessons learned, indicators, work plan, expenditure rate).
• Ensure the technical quality of internal and external reports, and contribute to the drafting of DCA annual reports.
• Review internal narrative reports provided by partners, as well as MEAL reports, manage the consolidation of reports (including drafting general parts and specific parts of DCA).
• Coordinate and contribute directly to the drafting of all intermediate narrative reports intended for the donor in strict compliance with the planned deadlines and outlines, carry out all corrections requested by the Program Manager and/or sectoral technical advisors and manage the consolidation of reports before submission to the lessor.
• Ensure the sharing and dissemination of internal and external information on the impacts and progress made on the project.
Support activities and services
Information management and capitalization:
• Update key project documents, including work plan, schedules, budgets and reports, as well as contribute to monitoring the logical framework and project results.
• Document lessons learned and success stories in collaboration with the MEAL team.
• Ensure the proper management, storage and sharing of key project documents.
• Prepare and carry out capitalization and project closing meetings with partners.
• Ensure the periodic updating of the internal and external communication protocol and its compliance in the context of various communications.
• Coordinate and contribute directly to the drafting of final reports for the lessor in strict compliance with the planned deadlines and the outlines provided.
• Facilitate the completion of the independent evaluation of the project in conjunction with the recruited Consultant.
• Centralize and compile lessons learned and recommendations at the different key stages of the project.
• Guarantee the documentary and digital archiving of project information through the systems in place.
Quality control and accountability:
• Be responsible for the quality of any implementation activity, as well as the deliverables planned as part of the project; guarantee technical quality assurance of the products and activities envisaged within the framework of the project.
• Carry out regular monitoring missions to ensure the quality of project deliverables, and support the process of strengthening the technical capacities of local partners.
• Share recommendations from missions with implementation partners and ensure their follow-up in order to improve the quality of interventions.
• Ensure compliance with humanitarian principles, including accountability to beneficiaries and the effectiveness of interventions, while ensuring the implementation of activities according to good practices in humanitarian and development programming.
• Review the project's MEAL tools and facilitate the organization of the MEAL Manager's field missions for the project.
• Contribute to the development, planning and facilitation of evaluations carried out by the MEAL Officer.
• Coordinate and contribute to the production of communication materials on the project.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with contractual obligations stipulated in the financing contract with the donor and the partnership contracts established with partner organizations.
• Ensure the proper management and monitoring of project activities, internally and externally, relying on DCA project management tools.
• Coordinate the organization and lead monthly partner coordination meetings, as well as weekly meetings, and ensure the sharing and archiving of reports;
• Contribute to monitoring the organizational and technical development plans of national partner organizations.
• Manage relationships with project stakeholders to ensure their expectations are met and issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Participate in technical and coordination meetings of humanitarian response actors, particularly those of the food security cluster.
• Facilitate coordination and sharing of information and lessons learned with other humanitarian and development actors operating in the area, and contribute to the creation of synergies to maximize the impact of project activities.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Actively participate in program meetings on a regular basis and contribute to the various reporting processes, quality assurance, monitoring, evaluation and learning of the DCA program in Mali.
• Contribute to a culture of excellence, continuous improvement and performance optimization on all projects.
• Work in accordance with DCA values and humanitarian principles.
• Maintain effective working relationships with other program members.
• Be a model of diversity and inclusion, as well as a positive role model to contribute to team spirit.
• Carry out any other task necessary for the smooth running of the project and good collaboration with partners, as well as any other tasks required by DCA.
• National staff (Malian or Burkinabe nationality if based in Burkina Faso)
• A relevant Master's level academic qualification in development studies, climate science, environmental science, environmental engineering, agroecology or any other relevant subject or equivalent professional experience;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience at a senior level (project manager, program manager), preferably in complex humanitarian environments.
• Relevant technical expertise and/or project experience in complex projects, related to the areas: WASH, livelihoods and climate change (food systems, adaptation, agroecology, etc.) and conflict prevention and peacebuilding .
Required skills and knowledge:
• Experience in an unstable context and ability to work under pressure;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint);
• Languages: excellent command of written and spoken French required; good knowledge of spoken and written English an asset;
• Strong leadership, team building and communication skills;
• Problem-solving attitude, organized and structured approach and ability to plan, coordinate and lead processes including multiple stakeholders and interests;
• Commitment, flexibility, results orientation and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage a busy workday with conflicting deadlines in a multicultural environment.
Applications from women are encouraged
CONDITIONS AND HOW TO APPLY
Indicative salary: Between 1,050,000 XOF to 1,150,000 XOF depending on the location of recruitment.
If this description matches your skills and motivation, please go to the DCA website, in the "Jobs" section Project Coordinator for a cross-border project Mali-Burkina I DanchurchAid (emply.com) Applications only online including at least a CV and a cover letter will be taken into consideration and only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. All interested candidates, regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnicity, are encouraged to apply for the vacant position. DCA carries out anti-terrorism screening as part of the recruitment process. It is essential that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Anyone applying for employment with DCA must be prepared to adhere to our code of conduct, our personnel policy on the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment, and our child protection policy . Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for sending applications: December 1, 2023
Work related travels are expected in this position.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Code of Conduct, Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.