2. Conducting interviews, participant observation, etc.
3. Analysis of collected data
4. Identification of differences or similarities between French and German transformation processes and their framework conditions
5. Regular reflection and coordination of activities with local contacts
• Publication of scientific results
1. Writing scientific articles and reports on the research results
2. Writing short articles for the Zukunftswerk’s public relations work
• Direct participation in collaborative processes to develop policy recommendations
Your qualification profile:
• You have a completed social science university degree in political science, sociology, transformation studies, urban and spatial planning or other relevant social science areas
• You speak German and French fluently; good knowledge of English is an advantage
• You are willing to go on business trips (approx. 30% of the activity), class B driving license is an advantage
• You have professional experience, preferably as a field researcher in qualitative research
• You have knowledge of at least one of the following subject areas: governance and local administration, transformation of social-ecological systems, diversity and participation
• You have a high degree of initiative and the ability to work self-organized and collaboratively in a transdisciplinary team
• You are interested in the interface between research and practice
We offer you:
• Challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic German-French team
• State-of-the-art workplace equipment
• Additional public service benefits
• extensive further training opportunities
• flexible working hours and workplace design.
• Support for a better work-life balance through benefit@work
Start date: as soon as possible
Fixed term: until December 31, 2024
Remuneration: The position is rated at salary group 13 according to TVöD Bund (tariff area East). The grouping is carried out according to the collective bargaining regulations and the corresponding personal requirements.
Working hours: full-time (currently 39 hours/week); The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
Place of work: Berlin
Please mention your desired working hours in your letter of motivation.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we look forward to receiving your meaningful application by December 3rd, 2023 . Please only use our online application form.
Diversity and equal opportunities are integral components of our human resources policy. The RIFS is actively committed to diversity and expressly welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnic and social origin, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion/belief, age and physical characteristics. Recognized severely disabled people will be given preferential consideration if they have the same suitability and qualifications in accordance with the Social Security Code IX.
Your personal data will be used to carry out the selection process on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 b, Art. 88 GDPR in conjunction with. Processed in accordance with Section 26 BbgDSG. After the process has been completed, application documents will be deleted in compliance with data protection regulations.
For more information about the area of responsibility, please contact Dr. Julia Plessing is available either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +49 151 159 688 08. If you have general questions about the application process, please contact our recruiting team on +49 (0) 331-6264-28787.
Apply at: https://gfz-potsdam.concludis.de/candidate/formapply?prj=8756&b=14&oid=&quelle=0&ie=1&gpid=580P8756&lang=en_GB